Service Centre & Workshop – HendersonClient: Polysius Australia Pty Ltd
Plato Consulting was appointed as Project Manager/Superintendent by Polysius Australia, part of ThyssenKrupp Technologies a global public company, providing project planning, engineering design, supply and installation to commissioning of plant and equipment and after-sales service for the cement and mineral industries.
The new service centre comprises 1,600m2 workshop/warehouse; two level workshop 570m2 two level 880m2 offices with fitout 880m2 including site works. The main workshop was designed with an 18m high roof pitch to accommodate a 220t overhead crane.
Project value: $15m
Plato Consulting appointed as superintendent provided the following services:
- Finalising Client's brief
- Establishing a development program and achieving target milestones
- Appointment and co-ordinating design consultants in obtaining DA and producing tender documentation to call design and construct tenders
- Tender assessment and analysis, value engineering, reporting and recommendation
- Superintendent contract administration – site meetings, inspections, progress payments, variations, extension of time
- Monitoring time performance
- Monthly client reporting
- Co-ordination of practical completion activities – consultants and authorities final inspections and sign offs, as built documentation, finalisation of head contractor account
- Client fitout interface
- Monitoring defects and final completion